|"Not as We"|
|File:Not as We remixes.jpg|
|Single by Alanis Morissette|
|from the album Flavors of Entanglement|
|Released||November 25, 2008|
|Genre||Adult contemporary, soft rock|
4:45 (Album Version)|
4:24 (Radio Edit)
|Alanis Morissette singles chronology|
"Not as We" is a song from Alanis Morissette's seventh studio album, Flavors of Entanglement. Morissette performed the song on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on July 22, 2008, in promotion of the album. "Not as We" was remixed and released as the second single from Flavors of Entanglement in North America, while "In Praise of the Vulnerable Man" was released as the second single in Europe.
The single was released to radio on October 13, 2007.
On November 18, 2008iTunes Store Canada. The EP includes the radio edit, as well as six other remixes. The EP was released November 25, 2008., a pre-order for a Not As We (Remixes) EP was made available through the
- "Not as We" (radio edit)
- "Not as We" (Jack Shaft radio edit)
- "Not as We" (Blow-Up edit)
- "Not as We" (Dangerous Muse edit)
- "Not as We" (Eddie Amador's multipressor edit)
- "Not as We" (DJ Lynnwood's reborn edit)
- "Not as We" (Holosound edit)
The Album Version is a piano driven ballad while the shorter Radio Edit adds guitars, bass and background effects and starts with the first line of the song while the Album Version has an instrumental opening. The music video uses the Radio Edit.
Music video Edit
The music video, directed by James Whitaker and produced through RSA's promo division Black Dog Films, was shot in Los Angeles on September 10, 2008. It premiered on Yahoo! Music on the night of October 2, 2008 and features Morissette in various stages on the path to emotional recovery.
The song surprisingly charted when the album was released due to downloads of the song, resulting in a position of 22 on the Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles chart. As of December 2008, the song had already sold 38,000 paid downloads, according to Billboard. The digital downloads also helped the song reach the lower parts of UK Singles Chart (#197) despite the single not being commercially released in the United Kingdom.
|UK Singles Chart||197 |
|U.S. Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles||22 |
- ↑ New singles: Not as We and In Praise of the Vulnerable Man (fan site) (in Italian)
- ↑ Michael S. Duncan, NREMT-B: Production Set Medic
- ↑ Alanis Morissette - "Not as We" music video
- ↑ Chart Log UK: M Zobbel.de
- ↑ Billboard.com - Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles - Chart Listing For The Week Of Jun 28 2008 Billboard.com